Are you looking for the best guitar audio interface to take your home recording studio to the next level?
Well, you’re in the right place.
As a guitar player who exclusively records music at home, I know the struggle of trying to find the perfect guitar audio interface.
There are just so many options, technical specifications, setup requirements, and hoops you need to jump through to get something working.
I have gone through dozens of different audio interfaces before find the perfect fit for my setup.
In this post, I’ll be doing an in-depth review of the 10 best guitar audio interfaces on the market. For each audio interface, we’ll be discussing the features, pricing, ease of use, and compatibility and overall user experience.
After reading this post, you’ll be able to find the perfect interface that fits your specific needs as a guitar player.
Let’s get started.
The 10 Best Audio Interfaces for Guitar
Don’t have time to read this article? In short, here are the 10 best guitar audio interfaces:
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 Digital Guitar Interface For iPhone, iPad, And Mac
- Yamaha THR10II Desktop Amp
- PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 2×2 USB Audio Interface
- BEHRINGER U-Phoria UM2 Audio Interface
- Tascam US-2×2 USB Audio/MIDI Interface
- M-Audio AIR USB Audio Interface
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin Audio Interface
- Steinberg UR22C USB 3.0 Audio Interface
- Shure MVi Digital Audio Interface
Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface
The Focusrite Scarlett Solo is one of the best audio interfaces for beginners who want to get started recording music from home. Excellent build quality, plug and play setup, and industry leading pre-amps.
Okay, guys, the first on my list is the best all-rounder in the market. It is jam-packed with exceptional features, and purchasing it won’t break the bank. I’ll quickly summarize the features and specs for you so that I can tell you why this audio interface is such a fantastic catch.
It is equipped with switchable air mode and comes with one high-headroom instrument input, two hum-free balanced outputs. Its features also include high-performance converters with a 24-bit/ 192kHz frequency, quick start tool, and inclusion of pro tools.
- Item Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 3.77 x 5.65 x 1.71 inches
- Item model number: AMS-SCARLETT-SOLO-3G
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No
- Date First Available: June 27, 2019
- Hardware Interface: USB
- Size: 0
- Voltage: 240 volts
Why Do You Need This?
So, now that you have gone through all the techy stuff, it is time that we talk about all facts. Why do you need to make
Perfect for Singer-Songwriters
For starters, it is an ideal choice for a singer-songwriter. Offering studio-grade sounds, this audio interface comes with vanishingly low latency and sample rates up to 192kHz. The low latency offers you a chance of realtime monitoring with the native plug-in. Adding to the low-latency is its direct monitor circuit.
High-Quality, Bright, & Open Sound
It will allow you to create open sound recordings that are bright and impressive through its switchable air mode.
The model is equipped with high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AD-DA converters, using which you can generate professional sound quality. Other features include single upgraded third-generation Scarlett mic preamp and high impedance, high-headroom instrument input. Use of this lets a guitarist record without any distortions.
Halo metering is another added feature that makes setting the desired input level simple. The output from this audio interface is hum-free, pristine, and bright.
Easy Setup, Less Stress
What I loved the most about this was its easy setup. Setting up the system that is specially made for guitars, is super-easy with its quick start tool. It is simple to use and does not require you to be a tech-geek. You can plug in your guitar using the one high headroom instrument input.
The USB connectivity makes it simple to connect the audio interface directly to your Mac and PC. Moreover, it does not require external power.
The ease of use makes this perfect for beginners, while its intricate features allow professionals to polish their skills further. It offers a dynamic range of 104dB and a maximum output level of 7dBu.
The Pro Tools
Not only this, but the Scarlett Solo – 3rd Gen comes with free versions of the software; Ableton Live Lite and Pro Tools first focus rite creative pack.
It comes with a 3-year warranty and represents excellent value for money.
Endnotes? Well, I just love its compactness. The fact that its just 1.1lbs makes it perfect for carrying around with my friends for an evening jam!
- It offers excellent value for money.
- It generates high-quality, clear, hum-free, bright, and open sound output.
- USB-connectivity allows easy connection with Mac and PC.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It requires external drivers.
- The direct monitoring feature is not very efficient.
PreSonus AudioBox USB Audio Interface
The next one on my list that I think you need to consider is the Audiobox USB Audio Interface by PreSonus. The dynamic features and the impressive specs are to-die-for.
The bus-powered audio interface that offers USB connectivity comes with MIDI I/O for external controllers, 2 inputs (for Microphones and Guitars/Bass), and the vanishingly low latency.
- USB 2.0 bus-powered (no need for separate power)
- Midi interface
- Compatible with almost all recording software for Mac and Windows
- 24-bit resolution; 44.1|48|88.2| & 96 kHz sampling rates
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with high-performance, low-noise, high-headroom mic preamplifiers
- Includes Studio One Artist DAW software and 6GB+ of third-party software
- Includes Studio Magic Plug-In Suite
- 20 Hz – 20 kHz Frequency Response
- 48v Phantom Power
Why Do You Need This?
If I have to convince you to get your hands on it, I can find a plethora of reasons. There is so much about this audio interface that would instantly make you fall in love with it.
Podcasting in a Limited Budget
It works well for guitarists looking for recording or podcasting options in a limited budget. It is a reliable solution for a studio but not the best option for home use. It is suitable for guitars that have an XLR or TRS input.
Smooth & Clear Output Sound
96kHz A/D converters and a 24-bit resolution and 48V phantom power, which helps in generating a smooth, clear, and high-quality sound.
Compatability & Connectivity
In terms of compatibility, this audio interface is compatible with all versions of Mac and Windows-powered devices.
It is a bus-powered USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface that comes with Studio One Artist DAW software and 6+ GB of third-party resources. You need to be sure if you have USB 2.0 because this audio interface by PreSonus is not compatible with USB 3.0.
A feature that caught my attention was the ability of this audio interface to work with external controllers and expression pedals. As per my evaluation, this offers all necessary features that a guitarist looks for in an audio interface.
You can start using the interface as soon as it arrives as it offers a plug-and-play feature. It is one of the most affordable options in the market.
I have to be brutally honest with you here. Some places label this as a portable device, but it really is not. It is much smarter to use it for a permanent location. Even the company has created a heavy-duty steel chassis, which keeps the internal circuitry safe in case a user decides to travel with it.
- It is super-affordable and comes packed with all basic features.
- The technical specs are amazing.
- It is compatible with iOS and Windows-powered devices.
- It generates a clear sound.
- Not the most portable option in the market.
- The control space is limited, which poses some level of difficulty.
- It is not compatible with USB 3.0.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin Audio Interface
The third-last on my list is the Apollo Twin audio interface by Universal Audio. Why? Equipped with fantastic features and offers specs that any guitarist would kill to have in their audio interface.
This audio interface comes equipped with 24-bit/192 kHz converters, UAD-2 DUO or QUAD Core Processing, near-zero latency*, Unison™ technology. It is compatible with LUNA Recording System and is equipped with Built-in talkback mic, Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls, 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output, 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels, up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection. “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle.
- Item Weight: 4.29 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 6 inches
- Item model number: APLTWXD
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,191 in Musical Instruments (See Top 100 in Musical Instruments), #11 in Computer Recording Audio Interfaces
- Date First Available: September 19, 2019
- Digital Audio Protocol: Thunderbolt 3
- Size: DUO
- Operating System: Mac & Windows
Why Do You Need This?
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin audio interface is another one for the professional guitarists. It comes with A/D and D/A conversion, which lets the users track, overdub, and mix with ease and convenience.
It is designed to work in perfect compatibility and balance with Mac and Windows-powered devices. You can significantly benefit from the 127 dB D/A dynamic range through which you can generate the highest quality audio.
A Complete Package for Professionals
It is a fully-equipped package as the addition of a bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins lets you enjoy the benefits of a fully-stocked analog studio, that too, on your desktop.
Undisturbed Originality of the Source Sound
The best thing about this professional standard audio interface is that it does not mess with the originality of your guitar. It builds upon it to create the most dynamic experience for your audience due to its -117 dB THD+N.
The top-quality converters of this interface generate a sound that is free from interference from all sorts of the noise of the desktop interface. Let’s not forget about the near-zero-latency feature that lets you monitor your performance with a negligible delay.
You can connect up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over this device and enjoy an uninterrupted experience.
You can even download the LUNA Recording System without paying any additional charges. It is an expensive audio interface that is fit for the professionals only.
To end it, I would like to share what I think, most importantly, what I loved about this audio interface. The feature that stole my attention was its ability to mix and track in realtime using the Realtime Onboard UAD Processing.
- It lets a user track, overdub, and mix tracks with ease.
- It is perfect for professionals as it is designed to produce professional standard sound quality.
- The build quality is excellent.
- The user-interface is simply designed and is super easy to use.
- Getting plug-ins is also simple with this audio interface.
- It produces pristine audio quality.
- It is not an affordable audio interface.
- The software is not of good quality as compared to the high-quality hardware.
IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 Digital Guitar Interface
Moving on to the next one, we have the IK Multimedia iRIG HD 2 Digital guitar interface. The reason why it’s on the list because I was highly impressed by its exceptional features and the orgasmic tech-specs! I would not want you to delay it, so let’s explore!
This audio interface by IK Multimedia comes with 1/4″ Instrument input, 1/4″ Amp output, 1/8″ Headphone output for silent practice. It is compatible with iPhone, Mac & PC., uses a high-quality instrument preamp, and comes with an owners manual.
- Conversion: 24-bit A/D, 24-bit D/A
- Sampling Rate: 32.0 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz
- Maximum Level: from 307 mVpp to 8.36 Vpp
- Gain Control Range: 28.7 dB
- Noise: -103dBA, -97 dB RMS
- Distortion (THD): 0.007%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 0.9 dB
- Maximum Level: 1.60 Vpp
- Noise: -99dBA, -94 dB RMS
- Distortion (THD): 0.007%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- Size: 39mm/1.53″ x 99mm/3.9″ x 21mm/0.83″
- Weight: 51g/1.8oz
Why Do You Need This?
I absolutely loved the features of this one; if I had been new in the guitaring sector, this might have been my top choice. But it’s not about me; it’s about you. Here is the top reason why this will be the perfect choice for you!
Ideal for First-Time Recordings
The IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 is an excellent option for beginners who are trying to record for the first time. It is another simple guitar audio interface designed by IK Multimedia, which offers the ‘plug-and-play’ functionality.
It is equipped with stage-ready features and offers high-compatibility with Mac, PC, iPhone, and iPad. You can plug in your guitar and start recording anywhere and everywhere.
It comes with a super-transparent preamp. This feature allows beginner guitarists to produce a sound that is free from correlation or interference.
Pristine, Deep, & Clear Sound
The 96kHz Digital Audio with 24-bit A/D conversion lets you create a pristine, deep, clear, and noise-less sound. The effect of this audio interface does not impact the originality of your guitar’s performance.
Adding Effects and Polishing the Track is Easy
The FX setting works well in case you are planning to use your mobile device as a pedalboard to add effects to your track. Not only this, but you can even use a floor-based or rack tuner, or even a full-on stage rig to process the dry signal from your guitar.
In addition to this, you can even choose the type of output signal that you want to send to the amplifier using the dual-mode switch.
Experience Your Own Performance
You might also like the fact that it a high-resolution headphone preamp for monitoring or full-range playback. It comes with a complete version of versions of AmpliTube 4 and AmpliTube for iOS.
How come I did not mention that this model by IK Multimedia is the cheapest yet the best you can find in the market!
Well, the feature that caught my attention was its ability to send the processed signal directly to a guitar amp, without the use of conversion adapters. It comes with a 1/4″ Amp Out jack to process out the guitarists track to external devices such as an amplifier, floor tuner, or another rig setup through the FX setting. It makes it easy for one to give a live performance.
- It lies in the affordable range of audio interfaces.
- The high compatibility with mobile devices makes it super portable.
- It generates deep, pristine, clear, and noise-free sound.
- Using this audio interface does not impact the natural sound of the guitar.
- It is suitable for beginners.
- It is bus-powered, which means it relies on your device’s battery.
- It offers single-channel recording.
Yamaha THR10II Desktop Amp
The Yamaha THR10II Desktop Amp made into my list too. I promised myself not to brag about its ‘oh so pleasing’ retro design, but I guess I could not stop myself. So, snapping out of the stylish designing of this audio interface, this comes fully loaded with impressive features.
This model by Yamaha offers features such as realistic tube-amp tones and feel plus essential effects, 15 Guitar amps, 3 bass amps, 3 mic models, Bluetooth support, editing via the remote. Moreover, you will get to experience Hi-fi audio playback with extended stereo technology, and Plug-and-play USB connectivity features.
- Amp Type: 5 Guitar Amp Models (+10 via app), 1 Acoustic Model (+2 via app), 1 Bass Model (+2 via app), 1 Flat Voicing (+2 via app)
- Effects: CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, ECHO, ECHO/REV, SPRING REVERB, HALL REVERB, *COMPRESSOR, *NOISE GATE (*only available in the editor application)
- Bluetooth: Audio/MIDI
- Chromatic Tuner: Yes
- Controller/Switch: AMP, GAIN, MASTER, BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE, EFFECT, ECHO/REV, GUITAR OUTPUT, AUDIO OUTPUT, USER MEMORY Switch x 5, TAP/TUNER Switch
- Connections: INPUT (1/4″), AUX (Stereo Mini), PHONES (Stereo Mini), DC IN, USB Audio Class 2.0 compliant
- Speakers: 3.1″ (8 cm) Full Range x 2
- Rated Output: 20W (10W + 10W)
- Power Source: AC Adapter – YNT345-1530
- Dimensions: 14.49 x 5.5 x 7.2 inches
- Weight: 7.93 pounds
- Accessories: AC Adapter (15V 3A), Quick Guide, Cubase AI Download Information Sheet
Why Do You Need This?
So, coming to the real question. Why do you need this model by Yamaha?
Excellent Option for Home-Use
The Yamaha THR10II Desktop Amp is an excellent choice for guitarists who want to rehearse at homes or play in compact spaces. It is an audio interface that is termed as the third amp category. Adding to its elite experience is its Bluetooth connectivity. It supports the “THR Remote” mobile editor app, and third-party footswitch support.
Portability at its Best
Not only this, but the rechargeable battery in the system makes this audio interface by Yamaha, one of the most portable options in the market. It does require a Line 6 Relay G10T transmitter, which you will have to purchase separately. And of course, the Bluetooth connectivity is an excellent feature.
Realistic & Impressive Sound Quality
The output sound and feel from this Yamaha model is realistic due to its component-level amp modeling in its virtual circuitry modeling.
A Complete Package
It offers a complete package, which is an excellent feature for guitarists like me, who love playing around with their tracks without affecting the original tone. The wireless feature allows you to play music through the Hi-Fi speakers, and the mobile-editor app lets you perfect it to your satisfaction.
It offers 15 guitar amp models, 3 bass amp models, 3 mic models for acoustic-electrics, and comes with a Built-in wireless receiver compatible with optional Line 6. This model by Yamaha is a high-end audio interface and falls in the category of expensive options.
I am totally in love with its Extended Stereo Technology, which allows us to create a wide sound field from a compact enclosure. This feature is a winner for me, but let’s not forget about the Hi-Fi technology, which is worth the mention as it enhances the original tone from the guitar but does not distorts or changes it.
- It is a wireless device with Bluetooth connectivity, which makes it a very portable audio interface.
- Setting up the system is easy.
- It is perfect for practice and at-home jamming sessions.
- It generates clean sound, and 4 distorted sounds are customizable.
- It is an expensive device.
- Some people might find it sound too loud for home use.
- It is only for at-home rehearsals.
- It offers very few effects options.
BEHRINGER U-Phoria UM2 Audio Interface
Personally speaking, Behringer has been a part of the guitaring scene for quite a while now. It is indeed a top-class audio interface manufacturer. Even this time, with its U-Phoria UM2 Audio interface, the company did not fail to please me with its praise-worthy features!
This model by Behringer comes flooding with remarkable features. 2×2 USB audio interface, Audiophile 48 kHz resolution, compatibility with Avid Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, 2 inputs / 2 outputs, ultra-low latency to your computer, +48 V-powered XENYX Mic Preamp stand-alone boutique preamps, powerful Phones output with Level control and Direct Monitor select.
- Item Weight: 9.1 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.04 x 4.65 x 1.97 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #369 in Musical Instruments (See Top 100 in Musical Instruments), #2 in Microphone Preamps, #170 in Music Recording Equipment
- Date First Available: August 2, 2013
- Body Material: Composite
- Color Name: Black
- Connector Type: 1x XLR/TRS; 1x 1/4″; 2x RCA; USB
- Hardware Interface: Usb2.0
- Supported Software: Tracktion 4
- Material Type: Composite
- Size: 1-Channel
- Operating System: Mac OS X, Windows XP or late
Why Do You Need This?
The 2×2 USB audio interface by Behringer is specifically designed for the professional performers. It comes with 4 XLR/TRS input channels and is not a portable device. You can place it in a permanent location where you do not have to change its position frequently.
The output sound that you can expect from this model is high-quality audio resolution as it comes with 24-bit/192kHz converters.
The most impressive feature of this professional-grade audio interface is MIDAS-designed mic preamps. It even includes +48 Volt phantom power. It ensures that the output quality of the sound is of the highest quality.
Direct Monitoring, Zero Delays
An added feature of ‘zero-latency’ direct monitoring adds to the overall value of the device. It gives you the ability to experience your own performance with absolutely no lagging.
It comes with one of the most powerful music production software, Tracktion. It will let you easily edit, record, mix, and even share your tracks with the world.
Why I love this? Well, I’ve always been a sucker of affordable and classy gadgets. This one is one of the most affordable options in the market and gives you an outstanding bang for the buck. All in all, this affordable audio interface does not require any more improvements.
- The technical specifications are very impressive.
- It comes with 4 input and 4 output channels.
- It also features MIDAS-designed preamps that ensure the highest quality of output sound.
- It offers zero-latency direct monitoring.
- The output sound comes with a bit of humming, which can only be eliminated RCA ground loop eliminator.
Tascam US-2×2 USB Audio/MIDI Interface
Have you ever seen something so good that it made you cry? This audio interface model by Tascam has made me cry with its oh-so-stunning features and specifications that can help in creating a killer track!
The features offered by this audio interface are super impressive. The audio buffer size selectable up from 4 samples, Software window size optimization enabled by HiDPI support, “Auto Driver Select” function, Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps, Class-Compliant Drivers. Not only this, but it allows 96kHz/24-bit recording, zero-latency monitoring, MIDI input/output.
- Sampling frequency: 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k Hz
- Quantization bit rate: 16/24-bit
- Power consumption: 2.5W
- Dimensions: 7.32″ ×2.56″ × 6.3″, 186 × 65 × 160 mm
- Weight: 2.43 lbs. / 1.1 kg
- Bundled software: Cubase LE
- Accessories: USB cable, User’s manual, warranty card
- 44.1k/48k Hz: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0dB/–0.1dB
- 88.2k/96k Hz: 20Hz to 40kHz, +0dB/–0.2dB
- 44.1k/48k Hz: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0dB/–0.5dB
- 88.2k/96k Hz: 20Hz to 40kHz, +0dB/–2dB
- THD: 0.003% or less
- S/N ratio: 101dB or more
- Crosstalk: 95dB or more
- EIN: –127dBu or less
Why Do You Need This?
Whether you are looking for an audio interface for your home or mobile studio, the 2-channel interface is a great choice.
It weighs just 1lb, which makes this device extremely portable.
High-Quality Output Sound
The device is designed to eliminate all forms of distortions and provide a high-quality output sound due to its Ultra-HDDA mic/line preamps that offer 57dB of gain. The noise-less sound feature is very impressive.
It can reduce the noise level below the range of hearing due to its EIN rating of -125 dBu.
Easy on Pocket
Even this affordable audio interface offers the plug-and-play feature on Mac OSX and iOS devices. The two DAW applications that you will get to use with this audio interface include Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Abelton Live Lite.
For me, the best feature of this model by Tascam was its ergonomic design that allows one to perform at its full potential. Good ergonomics impress me beyond comprehension. You can save yourself from the stress with this ergonomically-designed device.
The angled-design of this interface makes viewing the control panel easy to view while performing. It does not strain the eye and even makes it easy to operate the controls.
- It features an ergonomic design.
- It reduces the noise level below the range of hearing.
- It is very portable.
- It is affordable.
- The driver is not of a higher quality.
- There is no power switch or USB connectivity.
M-Audio AIR USB Audio Interface
I stumbled upon the air USB audio while surfing through online stores, and I am glad that I found this. I’m super pleased with this model, and you will be too once you hear about its top-class features and specs.
The features of this audio interface will make up a long list. The 24-bit/192kHz resolution, USB circuitry, round trip latency of only 2.59ms*, Transparent Crystal™ preamps, ultra-pristine A/D converters, VU LED meters, XLR+¼” TRS combo input with dedicated signal circuit and (1) ¼” instrument input. It comes equipped with Stereo ¼” outs; ¼” headphone out with independent level control, large central control for easy volume adjustment, USB/Direct knob.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-0.1 dB)
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 104dB (A-weighted)
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 104dB (+1.0dBu, A-weighted)
- THD+N: 0.001% (1kHz, +0.8dBu, -1dBFS)
- PREAMP EIN: -126dBu (150Ω, unweighted)
- MAX INPUT LEVEL: +1.8dBu
- GAIN RANGE: 60dB
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 101dB
- THD+N: 0.008% (1kHz, -1dBFS, 36mW)
- MAX POWER: 36mW (32-ohm load)
- MIN IMPEDANCE: 32-ohm
Why Do You Need This?
The sleek-looking M-Audio Air USB Audio Interface is designed for guitarists looking for studio-quality and professional-level recording. It comes with 2 outputs and 2 flexible inputs. It lets you record up to channels simultaneously.
Protecting Originality of the Sound
It is perfect to use with a guitar as it comes with 2 all-new ¼” instrument inputs. These let the sound pass through the designed gain and impedance stage. With this, you can ensure an accurate representation of a guitar.
Easy Connections, Setup, & Usage
The USB connection lets you connect to your computer without any difficulties, making it an interface that is easy to set up.
You can easily maintain a balance between the input signal and the computer signal through the knob on the interface.
The interface of this audio interface is one of the simplest ones to use and does not require you to turn on your tech-geek mode.
Impressive Digital Audio
The sample rates of up to 192kHz, along with pristine A/D converters for 24-bit resolution digital audio, create a perfect balance in the sound. It means that you can enjoy creating music with every nuance of it captured by this device.
Weighing just 1,98 pounds, this device is portable, and it is equipped with Transparent Crystal™ preamps, a perfect tool to enhance the quality of your track.
The model by M-Audio comes with recording software from Pro-Tools & Ableton Live. To cater to the production needs, the M-Audio interface comes equipped with an impressive Effects Plug-in, Virtual Instruments, and Loop package.
The zero-latency features will let you experience your performance without any delays that helps you keep a check on how you are performing.
Then again, affordability is a winner for me. It is a highlight in the category of affordable guitar audio interfaces in the market. Being a professional, I know that all these features will help me create the most impressive sound. I would highly recommend the professionals out there to check this out if they have a tight budget.
- It offers professional-grade, studio-level recording.
- It is affordable and offers exceptional value for money.
- The lightweight of this interface makes it portable.
- The user interface is sleek and straightforward, can be used without any technical skills.
- It offers zero-latency direct monitoring.
- The USB connection is loose.
Steinberg UR22C USB 3.0 Audio Interface
The next that has managed to make it to my hall of fame this year is the UR22C by Steinberg. It is one of the leading models by this company that offers a plethora of outstanding features and specs.
It is equipped with 32-bit/192 kHz audio resolution, superspeed USB 3.1 with USB-C, latency-free monitoring with DSP effects, class-A D-PRE mic preamps. This audio interface also offers a loopback function for streaming and comes with pro tools.
- Item Weight: 2.2 pounds
- AD/DA: 32bit
- Maximum sample rate: 192 kHz
- Dynamic range input: 102 [dB]
- Product Dimensions: 9.21 x 8.07 x 4.13 inches
- Item model number: UR22C
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,501 in Musical Instruments (See Top 100 in Musical Instruments), #14 in Computer Recording Audio Interfaces
- Date First Available: September 30, 2019
- Hardware Interface: Usb3.1_c
Why Do You Need This?
The Steinberg UR22C audio interface is the best option in the market in terms of portability. It weighs just 2.2lbs and is designed exceptional build-quality. You can carry it around with ease as its design in travel-friendly.
It is an affordable model, and for the price, it brings great value. The sound quality that you can enjoy with this audio interface is worth the praise. It is equipped with exceptional quality converters that offer 32-bit/192 kHz audio resolution.
Easy Connections & Impressive Compatability
You can easily connect this Steinberg audio interface with your iOS-powered devices, Mac, and your Window-powered PC as it comes with superspeed USB 3. 1 Gen 1 with USB-C.
In terms of compatibility, it works well with all major audio software and even supports ASIO, core audio, or WDM. This audio interface is equipped with two separate, switchable monitor modes: DAW and DJ.
Monitoring with Originality
It is designed to capture every aspect of your guitar’s sound as it comes with class-a D-PRE mic preamps. You can even monitor and alter your performance through the zero-latency direct monitoring feature.
The audio interface by Steinberg comes with Cubase AI, Cubasis LE, and dspMixFX software. It combines features of MIDI recording, editing, and mixing of tracks.
Did I tell you that I watched tons of videos to evaluate the sound quality, and a winner for me was this model by Steinberg? While protecting the originality of the sound, it also allows a user to add amazing effects to it and adding to it is its monitoring. All these factors combine together to create the most magical experience.
- It offers an easy installation that is completed within a few minutes.
- The output sound is free from noise interference, pops, and clicks.
- The build quality is exceptional.
- The preamps are capable of creating professional-level audio.
- The interface is easy to use.
- The speed slows down when connected to USB 2.0.
- It does not have an on/off button.
- The ergonomics are not the best.
Shure MVi Digital Audio Interface
Last but not least, and my personal favorite is the MVi Digital Audio Interface by Shure. The sound quality, pleasing aesthetics, and impressive features. God! I could talk about it all day.
Your mind will blow after you go through the list of features you will get to enjoy with this audio interface, 5 DSP preset modes, a touch panel, Lightning Connector. It comes with the ShurePlus MOTIV app, JFET Class A buffered instrument preamplifier input, combined XLR microphone and 6.3 mm instrument input, and phantom power.
- Item Weight: 11.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 2.8 x 4.6 x 3.6 inches
- Item model number: MVI/A-LTG
- Date First Available: August 1, 2015
- Color Name: Silver
- Compatible Devices: IOS, Android, OSX, Windows
- Computer Platform: Windows, OSX, Android, and iOS Devices
- Connector Type: USB and Lightning
- Hardware Interface: Usb2.0
- Material Type: Metal
Why Do You Need This?
The MVi digital audio interface by Shure is another excellent option in the category of affordable devices. You can easily carry it around as it weighs just 11.4 ounces. The compact design allows it to fit in small spaces.
A Top Choice for Beginners
The digital audio interface is an excellent choice for beginners, as it can automatically adjust EQ, Compression, and Limiting.
Easy to Use
The touch-control panel is easy to use, and a beginner can easily understand the controls. It can easily connect to any iOS device, Mac, or PC through the USB and lightning cable.
You can even monitor your performance in real time and experience the same feeling as your audience.
Exceptional Sound Quality
The output sound is clear and of exceptional quality, thanks to the discrete JFET Class A buffered instrument preamplifier input. It also supplies 12-48v phantom power.
The most impressive feature of this device, for me, was its 5 DSP Preset Modes, including Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, Loud. It lets you enjoy the studio-like experience in compact spaces. To makes things more exciting, it comes with a ShurePlus MOTIV App.
- It is an affordable device.
- It comes with USB and lightning-cable connectivity.
- Lets users enjoy studio-like effects in compact spaces.
- Easy to carry around due to its super-lightweight design.
- The recording app is not of the highest quality.
- The headphone jack is only 3.5mm with no 6.35mm option.
- There are only seven levels of volume.
I hope you found this list of the best guitar audio interfaces helpful. There are plenty of excellent options out for all audiences.
Whether you’re on a budget and want to play electric guitar without an amplifier, or you’re someone who wants to produce professional recordings at home, you’ll surely be able to find a guitar audio interface that’s the perfect fit.
Good luck playing!